For the best paving contractors dublin company, call Active Paving Dublin.
Learn about the many different materials you can have your kitchen countertops made out of and the pro’s can con’s of each before you make your final design decision. Some countertop materials discussed are laminate, ceramic tile, granite, stone, solid surface, lavastone, butcher block, soapstone, and stainless steel.
countertops,countertop,kitchen,laminate,ceramic,tile,stone,stainless steel,butcher block,solid surface,granite,wood,soapstone,lavastone,maintenance,remodel,
To find the best paving contractors dublin company, click here for Active Paving Dublin.
Countertops can influence the total design of your kitchen. One of the most common reasons home owners remodel their kitchen is due to lack of usable counter space.
When you are remodeling your kitchen a new countertop gives the whole room a facelift. There are several types of kitchen countertops you can choose from.
1. Laminate Countertops – Some good things about laminate countertops are you can install them yourself, they are inexpensive, they are low maintenance, and you can find them in all kinds of colors.
On the other hand, you need to be careful with knives and hot pans because once a laminate countertop is damaged it is almost impossible to repair.
2. Ceramic Tile Countertops – These countertops can also be easily installed and they come in lots of colors and patterns, they are heat resistant, and easy to clean.
But ceramic tile countertops can be a tough surface to chop on and they can crack or chip.
3. Stone Countertops – These countertops are very durable, look great, and the granite ones also clean up quite easily.
On the down side you must regularly seal and polish them so they look good, and if your stone countertop is made of marble you need to be extra careful because of staining.
4. Stainless Steel Countertops – Stains are not a problem and the counter can take high temperatures without damage.
But you have to take some care when installing stainless steel because if they are not extremely well supported they can dent. They also are prone to showing scratches and nicks.
5. Butcher Block Countertops – They give your kitchen that warm feeling that only wood can give, your knives won’t dull, and you can smooth out any scratches with sandpaper.
On the other hand you must use vegetable oil regularly to treat the wood and keep it looking good. Also too much water exposure can stain and rot the counter.
6. Solid Surface Countertops – Lots of plus’s here, you can find a ton of patterns and colors and some styles look like granite or other stone choices, it is very durable, easy to clean, and with this type of countertop you can easily install custom integrated sinks.
But you will need a licensed contractor to install this type of countertop or you will void the warranty and you must be careful with your hot pots and pans.
7. Soapstone Countertops – These are very beautiful and they don’t stain. Hot pans are also not a problem.
You do need to seal them with mineral oil quite often, and they are more likely to be scratched than granite.
8. Lavastone Countertops – Awesome countertops, they can resist water damage, scratches, and hot pans superbly.
But lavastone counters can be hard to find and they are very expensive.
So now that you know a little more about the materials kitchen countertops can be made of it should be easier to narrow down your choices when installing your new kitchen counters.